Jobs is the second tab in the game, unlocked after Q-Piddy informs you that you need to raise money to pay Cassie's hospital bill. Performing the various jobs accessed through this tab is the sole source of money in the game, used primarily to buy gifts and take girls on dates, but also serving as a gate for advancing relationships.
Initially, only Fast Food is available, but every job can be unlocked once you meet its skill requirements (skills being earned through performing hobbies.) Performing a job multiple times will unlock promotions, increasing the pay per completion, changing the number of time blocks required, and/or changing the amount of time required per completion.
Jobs Screen Edit
- Active Job Display: The left column shows the promotion details and the visual animation of the job that's been selected.
- Promotion Details: This shows the current number of times you completed the job since the last promotion and how many you need in total to get to the next promotion. To the right you'll see the amount of money that will be added to your current pay for that job when you reach the promotion. Note that the numbers later on tend to become larger and will not display all of the numbers due to the size constraints.
- Jobs List: The right column displays all of the jobs you can take and the details about them. The scrollbar to the right will help you quickly navigate through them all; you can also click and drag the left mouse button up and down to view them all.
- Active Job: Once you've unlocked a job, clicking it will show the play button briefly and you will see something like this. You will see the title and the position on the top, separated by hyphen. Underneath you will see the progress bar of the job, indicating the remaining time it will take to complete one iteration of the job. To the right of that is the amount of money you get per instance and the amount of timeblocks needed to perform that job.
- Active Displayed Job: This the job that is currently on display on the left column, and you can see its promotion details on the bottom. To check on the promotion status of a job, simply stop the job and restart it.
- Inactive Job: This job is currently inactive as noted by the pause symbol. Some jobs may be inactive due to the lack of timeblocks available.
- Locked Job: This job is currently locked, requiring certain hobby levels before you are able to unlock it. These unlock automatically when you have the hobby requirements and the Jobs tab will show a small exclamation mark denoting a new job available.
- Max Level Job: Job status bar color changes from Orange to Green when at Max Level.
Note: Data values are based on 1.0x multiplier and calculated within .5% error. Also, some promotion $ text in-game typically lacks an extra digit (usually Hunter) due to size constraints, but the value in the table will display the real promotion $ values. Some values have been shortened with number abbreviations to keep the tables reasonable.
|Click to view|
| Very early on in the game, Computers pays best, followed by Cleaning. Fast food, Restaurant, and Lifeguard are all lower, pretty much neck and neck.|
Sports and Hunting take too long to promote and Zoo and Art give too little money.
When Casino is unlocked it will be the best paying once it gets to its first promotion. Upon a little further in, Hunting starts to pay off, and then later so does Sports. If you make it to Legal this early on, it is the best.
When Space is unlocked it will go to first but Casino gets a big promotion when it gets reduced to one time block to enter first. Movies can't really compete until the third promotion. Space is a good investment when unlocked.
Wizard pays nearly no money for a very long time.
Very late in the game, the largest income producers are Space, Casino, Wizard, Love, and Movies.
- The more money you earn, the more expensive your living area in the background of the stats menu will become (tent, house, mansion, etc.).
- You can use 10 diamonds to multiply the preferred Job's Income by 5x Permanently.
- Casino, Wizard, and Love are the only jobs which have variable shift times based on their level.
- The icon for the Legal job is a reference to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney after Phoenix says objection, take that, and hold it
- The icon for the Hunter job is a reference to diablo3 and the Demon Hunter Class